lørdag 7. desember 2013

MFJ-1792

Photo from Mfj's homepage.
MFJ-1792 , This antenna i have had for many years.
It have been a great performer for me. Giveing me a lot of dx
on 40 and 80 mtr. Have used it againts ground radials,ground mounted.
Have been giving me 250dxcc on 80 mtr, not bad for a 33 feet's vertical.
My ground radials system was 90 radials of 10 mtr and 100 square mtr's
with chicken fence. This antenna needs guying at least one set.
This summer i was removing all my ground radials and chicken fence..
My antenna is now mounted on a 2 mtr high pole and i use 2 elevated
radials for 40 and 2 for 80 mtr. And it still give me a lot of dx in log.
So if you have the Space and looking for a 'cheap' antenna that
produce regular dx contacts, please concern this...
I highly recomend this antenna. it have give me a lot of fun.
For advice about ground radials.... check the home page of steppir.
They have a ok articel about radials...
Look for *radial system for vertical antennas*

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar